image

My class mate, Aida and I did our plaster casting project together on Saturday, around 12:30 P.M.
We didn’t take a shovel, so we used our bare hands and feet to dig our holes. It was a good workout digging out a hole without a shovel, but it was also a success. Next we walked towards the shore with my bucket and filled it up with wet sand. Carrying it back to our molds was a mission, but we managed to get it to our destination.
As I had my hand in the hole, Aida covered it up with the wet sand until it looked right. Then I pulled my hand out and left it sitting for a while.
There are a few things that could have affected the outcome of our project; such as we didn’t know the precise amount of water, mixed with our plaster. Our aim was to make it look like “pancake mix.”
Once the 30 minutes were up, we dug out our project very carefully; so we would not break the outcome.

image

My sculpture did not resemble my hand, as for my friend Aida’s hand and foot sculpture was a success.  I was really surprised with the outcome of this project because I never knew that sand and plaster would create a sculpture.
This was a great experience and I am looking forward for the next assignments.

Advertisements